Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My camera is back!

My feet are freezing!!! Once I finish up Aidan's sweater (today or tomorrow) I'm getting started on slippers. I'm on a mission now to find rubber type soles so I can wear them out (don't want to make something beautiful and not show it off!). I'm so cold!
These are what I'm going to make in big person size.

I really want to try them with mohair but I'm not allowed to by any more yarn for a while. So they will be in wool with some texture added. I started out crocheting a pair a few nights ago, but I'm one of the few people in the world who knit faster than I crochet. So after 3 rows I gave up and ripped it out. I like knitting better.

Back to dying bamboo. I improvised this skein winder.

Now winding the skeins goes much faster. I want to go to Home Depot and gets some PVC to make this http://www.doctordirt.com/blog/niddy.html. I also have a vision of a lazy susan with pegs mounted on the wall. Give that baby a whirl and now we're talkin' fast! I've got over 7 lbs of bamboo to wind into skeins from cones so I can dye it.

No comments: