Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Coming up for air!

Yes, I have been spinning my life away. It is just as addicting as I thought it would be. Now I won't have time to knit. I've been forcing myself to finish up the few orders I have by knitting for 30 minutes and letting myself spin for 5. Since I really want to spin, I've been burning through my orders (don't worry, quality is still on the top of my list).

I was hoping to tempt you with pictures of shimmering roving but now my camera won't take pictures at all and I can read the screen to see what's wrong with it. Big ARGH! I spun up 2 different wool rovings this week last week and I wanted to challenge myself with a new fiber. So, I headed to my wonderful LYS (Amy, you rock!) with bags of yarn to drop off and took bags of yarn/roving home. I got 8 oz of a beautiful soy silk roving. This might overtake my bamboo obsession. I love it! It's a little trickier to spin than wool, but not much. I wanted to get a before and after picture, but I don't know if I can keep myself from spinning it all up before I get my new camera.

Back to the grind.

No comments: