Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sunrise, sunset...

It is 8:15 am and the sun and still not yet risen. I love North Dakota, but I have a hard time dealing with this more than the cold. The sun doesn't officially rise until about 8:30. We should be in the Mountain time zone, but whoever created the borders decided to reach over about 100 miles and snag up Minot. I'm one of those that likes to rise with the sun. 8:30 is not a feasible time for me to start my day. I think I need to get one of those alarm clocks that slowly turns a light on. Ok, I'm done with my rant.

Today...

I really want to finish up the instructions for making custom britches, your gauge, your measurements. Tricky part is making it understandable.

Also, I hope to get more work done on the baby bag. This has been my toughest design yet. Not because it is difficult, it's actually very simple to knit. The calculations are what make it hard. It's a compound raglan which means you don't increase every alt. row like most raglans have you doing. If you increase every alt. row, you wind up with an enormous body and sleeves. To prevent that, you work alt. row increases for part of the raglan and every 4th row for the rest. Calculating when to switch is where it gets tricky. I've got all the sizes figured out for the plain bag and am knitting an actual piece so my testers know what they are creating. The cabled one is even tougher because the cables pull. I've been having to do a lot of swatching to get this one right.

1 comment:

Monica said...

The clock that slowly turns the light on is a very good investment! Go for it Melanie~You won't regret it! ;)