Friday, April 4, 2008

Good Day, Sunshine!

It is almost warm here! I'd forgotten how great it is to walk outside without a heavy jacket on. I am making videos today (provided the kiddos let me)!
I got major fluffy mail this week. It so tempting to roll around in it. Everytime I walk by the boxes, I have to pet them. So now I have all this undyed yarn, bamboo and wool, and no time to dye it. I need a motorized skein winder to help with the task.

So, you all are probably wondering what is up with the knitting show. My design, Demeter's Tunic, is going to be featured on "Knit and Crochet Today," a PBS show. I've never seen it, PBS doesn't come in at my house, though I would watch it if I could. I was a little bummed at first that I had to use Red Heart, but when I browsed through the different yarns they had available, I was pleasantly surprised. I get to make it in a cotton/acrylic blend. I actually like this better than straight cotton as the acrylic gives it a less harsh feel and more bounce. I have a week to get things ready, so I might not be around very much.



In case you are wondering, yes, that is me modeling the sweater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWEsome!!!!!
Congrats!!!
I don't get PBS either:-(