Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life on the farm...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sore. Between lifting goats, moving pens, mending fences, I'm beat. I did more fence mending today and got them out of the small pen and into the big pasture. Goofballs stay right next to the gate, just hoping for me to let them out. Seriously, the 1 acre behind you full of alfalfa isn't enough?! The grass is alway greener on the other side of the fence...



Sam (white wether), Dulce Vita (dark doe), and Willy (white wether). It fun to see their personalities. No 2 goats are the same. Dulce is a little timid, but is warming up to me. Willy is a wee thing with gorgeous hair, very friendly, likes to eat out of my hand. Sam is more of a moose and also friendly, likes to try and eat my clothes. Willy was watching intently as I was opening the gate. I'm pretty sure he's a smart one. Dulce fleece is almost full (yipee!) and Sam is close as well. They are so soft to pet. I want to follow them around and knit right off their backs (I wish I could).

No comments: